First changes for Holy Paladins:
- Divine Light base healing increased by 10%
- Flash of Light base healing increased by 10%
- Holy Light base healing increased by 10%
- Holy Shock base healing increased by 10%
- Walk in the Light (Passive) now increases healing by 15%, up from 10%.
Now the other part of this patch:
- Righteous Fury now increases threat by 200%, up from 125%.
Blizzard told us that tanking would not be trivial anymore, I guess it was just too hard. Will this change turn tanking into a simple gearing problem with no skill as it was during Lich King? Or will it remain harder and hence more interesting?
I'm sure that change was necessary, but it's a strong increase and I'm surprised it happens so late in the testing process. As many things (like strange talent trees with talents obviously intended for another tree which are too deep to be taken, Fury of Stormrage anyone ?) it makes me feel that this patch is far from being thoroughly tested and ready for live.
I guess we'll have 2 months to "live test" these changes before the release of Cataclysm. When the new talents came out at the end of BC they were also strongly unbalanced and a lot of nerfs/buffs happened during the early days of Wrath ... we'll probably see these times again.
Ok I'm done grumbling about these changes, in the end only good news for us so we should rejoice :P
As always, have fun raiding guys.