Friday, March 06, 2009

Patch 3.1 Ulduar PTR testing, part 5

Last night was more Hodir (US) & Thorim (EU) testing on the PTR. You can find detailed data on their abilities for build 9637 on MMO Champion and World of Raids, as usual (kudos to these great news sites):
MMO Champion
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=42521.0
World of Raid Hodir
http://www.worldofraids.com/news/493-3-1-ptr-hodir-testing.html
World of Raid Thorim
http://www.worldofraids.com/news/492-3-1-ptr-thorim-testing.html

On the plus side, Thorim seem much more complete now, two gauntlets before the fight, and the hard mode is enabled. Though the hard mode (Sif alive) has already been beaten, it has been by Ensidia ... so we could consider this fight still hard enough, I guess.

On the wrong side, worrying me a lot, is the nerf of Hodir. Last week he was hard, and a lot of guilds were not able to beat him. This week, as WoR says:
"Well, it looks like Hodir was summarily beaten into the ground by the nerf stick with build 9637. Lots of guilds beat the 25 player version, so I think it's safe to say this one will be changing again before the next time he's tested. Hopefully quite a bit after watching the streams."
I don't like that, I really don't, I don't want an easy Ulduar. It has nothing to do with the casual/hardcore everlasting debate, I just want some real challenge in WotLK for a change ...

Don't get me wrong, I'm positively exited about Ulduar, I can't wait it to be live. But I do really really hope it won't be as a joke as Naxxramas on the difficulty side. Please, please, give us some hard bosses, some real challenge, and a difficulty on pair on both 10 men and 25 men raids. I'm want to see wipe nights again ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment